Split Liquid on your Mac
Macbook Repairs, iPad Repairs, iMac Repairs
Please note that despite drying your Mac and even if it powers on after it has dried there may well be damage within that needs to be addressed or future issues.
When liquid is spilled directly on top of the keyboard or Trackpad.
After leaving the computer to dry you find either it won’t turn on or it starts up but some keys won’t work.
In both case the solution is usually to clean all the component and replace the keyboard or trackpad.
When the liquid has enter from the back vent or from the sides
If the computer show no sign of power then normally logic board (Main Board) is damaged. This board is the most expensive part.
This shows you how much Liquid was in a Mac 24 hours after the Liquid was spilled on it. Despite drying the Mac, this client came in and informed us that she has spilled a “little” Liquid on the table that the Mac was sitting on. It was brought in 24 hours later and when we removed the case this is how much Liquid was still on the battery and components. Turning this Mac on would potentially have damaged it.
Mac Liquid Damage
Help! I spilled water, milk or some liquid on my Mac!
- Turn off the computer and unplug the battery and A/C adaptor.
- With the lid open, turn the computer upside down to stop the liquid from traveling deeper into the other parts.
- Wipe up the liquid using paper towels or toilet paper.
- DO NOT use a hair dryer,as this will melt some of the plastic components.
- DO NOT switch the computer on.
- Contact Us to book your Mac in for a Liquid Check – it’s a free quote – this will ensure the internal components will not become damaged over time.
As you can see here, this is a Mac that had Liquid spilled on it. Over time this will corrode the logic board which then requires a major repair or the machine will stop functioning properly, could over heat or cause other issues. Get your Mac repair properly after you’ve had Liquid damage to it.
Mac Repair Services
- Mac Virus Removal and Full Servicing
- Mac Data Recovery Services
- Mac Data Backup Services
- Mac Anti-Virus Setup Services
- Remote Mac Support Services
- Mac Logic Board Servicing
- Mac Logic Board Video Chip Repairs
- Mac SSD Hard Drive Upgrades
- Repairing & Servicing Slow Macs
- Mac Screen Replacements
- iPad Screen Replacement
- iPad Servicing and Repairs
- iPad Charge Port Repairs
- iPad Resetting
- iPad Unlock and Repairs
- iPad Battery Replacement
- iPad Home Button Replacement and Repairs
We can pickup and deliver your Mac from only $20.** Call Now: 1800 243 779
* – although we press for our repair times to be same or next day servicing – some repairs may need special parts – we will communicate within 24 hours if it will take longer
** – our pickup delivery service extends to All of Adelaide Metro area – please call us to find out how much for your suburb .
We are open 7 days.
Mac repairs and servicing in most cases is same or next day, we will provide you with a quote within 24 hours and a time frame on the scope of the repair.
All Mac repairs and servicing comes with a 30 day warranty